Wednesday, April 11, 2007

all we need is love

so, much quicker than i expected, i found myself deciding. after thinking about all the things i didn't want to have to do or not do, i just couldn't give up on jesus. i really want to believe that what he wants for me is what is best for me. i am not always good at trusting him in this, but i want to better. a friend of mine shared a verse with me yesterday that said something like this: the only thing that matters is this: faith expressed through love. i love the simpleness of this. i think i can let jesus teach me how to love. that doesn't seem so scary.

3 comments:

Jim Hall said...

Kevin Prosch and the Black Peppercorns have a great song called 'love is all you need'
It's pretty inpired by the Beetles song; perhaps your post title was as well!
I think you're just doing what Paul wrote about when he said to 'continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling'.
I applaud your honesty in this. I really think Jesus is looking for people who will freely choose him.

sfranchu said...

ok, I am still a big CS Lewis nerd...
"Now we cannot...discover our failure to keep God's law except by trying our very hardest (and failing). Unless we really try, whatever we say there will always be at the back of our minds the idea that if we try harder next time we shall succeed in being completely good. Thus, in one sense, the road back to God is a road of moral effort, of trying harder and harder. But in another sense it is not trying that is ever going to bring us home. All this trying leads up to the vital moment at which you turn to God and say, 'You must do this, I can't.' ...the thing I am talking about may not happen in a sudden flash...it may be so gradual that no one could ever point to a particular hour or even a particular year. And what matters is the nature of the change itself, not how we feel while it is happening. It is the change from being confident about our own efforts to the state in which we despair of doing anything for ourselves and leave it to God."

J Man said...

Hazel, I think you Nailed it (yes, follow the analogy) a couple posts ago - it is death that leads to Life.
It is inspiring that you are choosing to follow the path of the narrow. You're not alone.