Monday, February 26, 2007

bowling

tonight wes and i went bowling with our small group and another from our church. the bowling was okay, although i am not so good. it was hard to talk because it was very loud in there, but it was nice to visit with a few people who were around me-even people that i get to talk to often, but i never seem to run out of stuff to talk about with them. don't you find that's a funny phenomenom? the more you see/talk to people, the more you have to talk about, but people that you don't see very often, it can seem hard to find anything to talk about. there was a girl at church that i was pretty good friends with in college, i really liked her. i haven't seen her in about 5 years. you would think there would be a whole lot of stuff to talk about, but i had a hard time filling 5 minutes. anyways back to bowling-it was kinda neat to look around these 20 or so people who showed up and think about my different histories with each of them. a few of them i didn't know hardly at all, but quite a few i have known for at least 2 years, and some of them for 10 years or more. they may not be all people that i would naturally migrate towards, but i like that i have these people in my life that i have shared so much of my life with.

2 comments:

sfranchu said...

I want to write! Except I don't have much to say...we haven't seen each other for 9 years or something...so nothing comes to mind. :)
Actually I am pretty sure if we were together we would not sleep at night for talking. We never could. So what does your list look like TONIGHT? I miss getting to have lists...but not THAT much!

Donloree said...

Hazel - I love that you have a blog going, it's great.

I am glad that you came, even if it was loud. Heck, you had to show off your neat Hawaiian themed purse and coordinating pen - it looked great with the black lights!